Fiber Optic Quality Assurance Engineer
In WIND we are committed to becoming an outstanding independent telecommunications company in the European market, delivering unique value for money services to our customers. Our ambitious commitment mobilizes us to keep evolving, to seek out new challenges and to change, without fear, in a creative and empowering environment! All these elements create a high performance culture, characterized by the passion, talent and competencies of our employees.
We see each new colleague as a unique team member and a major investment for our company’s future, and now we are looking for a talented and highly-motivated “Fiber Optic Quality Assurance Engineer” to join a team of bright professionals.
- Supervision of fiber optic splicing, cabling and civil works implementation works on site.
- Ensure the performance of site survey for active cabinet installation, FTTH building’s connection and FTTx connections.
- Performance of quality control of the assigned projects in order to ensure that implementation works are performed according to agreed specifications.
- Responsible for audits of construction operations to ensure works; completion in compliance with project specifications and monitoring safe work practices.
- Thorough understanding of progress reports , network materials installation instructions
- Verification of as built documentation versus real status.
- Efficient handling and communication of works documentation and project reports.
- Frequent travel required to local job sites for field engineering, site survey and auditing purposes as well as to constructions sites within Greece.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- Master’s degree in one of the above fields will be considered an advantage.
- At least 4 years’ of experience in infrastructure deployments in telecommunication networks.
- Experience in PON deployment and supervision (Fiber optic splicing, cabling, OTDR and PM measurements).
- Experience in all aspects of fiber optic and copper cable placement for outside plant application and in active cabinet activations and power up.
- Experience in supervising sub-contractors as well as supervising and accepting electrical DC and AC installations.
- Experience in fiber optic testing standards, equipment and processes
- Ability to read construction/design prints, splicing layout instructions and fiber measurements.
- Ability to use a computer and related software (Autocad, ArcGIS) as well as Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, project)
- Strong and thorough verbal and written communication skills in Greek and English
- Professional approach to responsibilities driven by team spirit and ability to take ownership and work independently