Core Network Performance Engineer
Start today, as a Core Network Performance Engineer in Demand Management & Operational Control Department and play a key role in maintain an excellent network performance by working in an enthusiastic team.
- Analyze & report the core network performance & quality, via the set Key Performance / Quality Indicators (KPI / KQI) in order to identify performance degradation & assist in the fault management tasks
- Troubleshoot complex problems involving the EPC node elements such as SGSN, GGSN and IMS Core with ability to analyze call traces and identify protocols
- Monitoring the system’s performance and finding ways to make improvements or mitigate potential problems.
- Investigate & propose new measurements for new aspects of the core network quality.
- Interact with all involved parties (within company, or external vendors), regarding Core Network Quality.
- Prepare, post-process & analyze the various reports regarding the Core Network Performance & Quality (either standard, or ad-hoc, seasonal, network expansion - modification, special cases etc.).
- Work with the Operational & Engineering Teams on assessing the performance and capacity of the platform and recommend corrective actions to resolve any identified degradation.
- Work with Capacity Planning team on the capacity forecast for the related nodes and plan necessary expansion or optimization to ensure uncompromised provisioning and network performance
- BSc Degree in Electrical Engineering, an MSc in relevant field will be considered a must
- Strong experience in EPC/IMS network & architecture & interfaces. Aware of current and new technology benefits and related 3GPP specs. Experience with the implementation of the Ericsson EPC & IMS network is a huge plus
- Solid understanding of the TCP/IP protocol suite, TCP/IP (IPv4 and IPv6) algorithms
- Experience with system optimization, and performance KPIs
- 5+ years’ experience in similar position. Preferable in service provider/ operator or vendor
- Excellent command of MS Excel / MS Access and competent scripting in SQL is a plus
- Experience in BI systems considered a huge plus (such as TABLEAU, QLIK view, PowerBI e.t.c)
- Excellent knowledge of English language
- Good oral and written communication skills, including ability to interact professionally with management, engineering, NOC and vendors